Saturday, October 22, 2016

Changes...


Changes in life are apart of life.  Not one of us is immune from change.  From the time we are born we go thru various life changes, body changes, emotional changes, family changes, relationship changes.  The yo-yo's of changes can often leave one not able to function with the changes that come there way. 

I get it, I am like that too.  It seems the older one gets the more changes seem to take place. Your lifestyle changes, your children leave the nest, your relationship with your spouse can go thru drastic changes and sometimes those changes can not weather the storms and you find your self facing life alone. 

Changes don't come easy especially for me I can be so stubborn when it comes to dealing with life changes.  Yet, I have learned some valuable tools along the way that have helped me cope with the changes that have taken place.  These  are in no way the right way to handle them but it is how I seem to be able to bounce back to Finding me, Finding Hope Restored.

The Don't:

1.  Don't look back - to what was, to what was supposed to be.  Often times when looking back keeps you stuck in neutral not able to move forward and you can't go back because in reality would you really like to redo that chapter of your life? 

2. Don't think about tomorrow - accept today for what it is. Deal with the Now. Don't over think it cause it can then cause your anxiety to inflate. ( believe me I am a perfect candidate for this )

3. Don't try to wish this change away.  Often times not accepting the changes that are on our horizon can rip of us of the many blessings that can come with that change. We can't always see what is ahead ( do we really want to see that fork in the road before we get there? )

The Do's

1. Journal - Best way I have found to express myself and handling the changes that come my way. Believe me  I could write a book about many changes I have had to endure...But letting out those feelings is often when healing and finding you can begin.

2.  Live for today -  Don't try to micromanage the changes, I think God knew that changes could be hard for us to handle for in Matthew 6:34 he wrote "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today" (niv)  Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time...

3. Learn to Love Yourself - Changes often can make us feel inadequate, not good enough, negative thinking. Yet loving yourself thru the changes that come your way will help define  who you are and help you handle the changes instead of dreading them.


 Finding you isn't easy, having hope just as hard but in the end you will find Hope is Restored...

Until Next Time...

Cathie :)





No comments:

Post a Comment